Saturday, May 22, 2010

When I said in the previous post that, "I fully plan to go back next week to see everything again and it should be less busy so pictures can, and will, be taken", I guess by "next week" I meant yesterday. I received a call yesterday afternoon from R.C. saying that something had happened to his piece and I should meet him at the convention center.
Giant R.C. had fallen!

When I was first told that he had fallen I was very concerned that all our hard work had been shattered on the floor and no one would see the giant again. Although, R.C. was very calm when I got there and he had decided to leave him laying on the floor. He had recieved good feedback already on how great the giant looked sprawled on the floor, and after seeing it, I could not agree more! After all, in my opinion (and my opinion only) this is an accurate portrayal of how R.C. (who the giant is made to look like) is going to be once school is finished. He will collape into a heap on the floor starring blankly off into space. I fully expect to see my husband in this position in one week. (I will not take pictures of him like that though...you'll have to use your imagination.)

While we were there to help, we also took advantage of being there during a less busy time, and took another look around.
A blurry R.C. fixing the feet of "Giant R.C.".

The boys really liked this grassy area that someone created.
This was a room built and had bright pink lights inside that turned the entire room pink. The night before, it was also filled with fog from a fog machine, and when we walked inside we disappeared into a pink fog. The boys didn't like the fog part of it, so when we went back yesterday they loved going in.
When Russell first walked in he was preparing himself for the fog, but quickly realized there was no need to cover his face for the fog machine was turned off.

One of the boys favorites. (Made by a friend from the sculpture department.) Russell was inside the tent and Max was dancing with these cloaked figures.
One of my favorites (aside from R.C.'s! But it is done by a friend so that makes it OK for me to like so much, right?)! It's beautiful and huge. If I had a home (and probably lots of money) that had walls that could hold this (it's SUPER heavy I was told) I would snatch it up in a second!
Just more stuff.
These were done by other sculpture students/friends.
It's a really great show! My pictures don't do it justice and I am a bit bias because it seems I took pictures of only people's work who I am familiar with.

After the show/graduation we will have to find a home for this guy.
We barely have room in this apartment for ourselves, let alone a giant, 7 foot tall (although he has never been measured...this is just a guess.), man.

Once again I am feeling so proud of R.C.!

No comments: