Friday, May 21, 2010

First of all I need to apologize for not taking hundreds of pictures as I had anticipated. Last night was the thesis show and it was PACKED, and so exciting, that I held my camera in my hand but rarely snapped a photo. It seemed each time that I thought of all of you out there, who couldn't be here to see the great show, and was ready to take a picture, we would run into someone we knew and would begin chatting and I would forget all about the camera in my hand. I fully plan to go back next week to see everything again and it should be less busy so pictures can, and will, be taken. But, until then, know it was a great time and these are all I got...

Earlier yesterday the boys and I went to the store to get milk, cucumbers, a chicken, and cereal. Sounds simple and you would think we could have gone in and out of the store with very little to blog about (and maybe this isn't blog worth, but for some reason I feel the need to share.). As the boys and I made our way down the baking aisle, in which we didn't need anything, but we went down in order to get to the cereal aisle, we were stopped by a man. A man staring at the flour. The man pointed to the cake flour, bread flour and all purpose flour, and asked me which flour he needed. I asked him what he was making. He would not tell me. He asked me again which flour he needed. I told him it depended on what he was making. He asked me what the difference in the flours was. I tried to explain the difference between the 3 flours, and again he asked me which flour would be best for him. Before I could tell him to just go with the all purpose flour (because I had no clue what he was making and it would be the flour that could do just about anything), he looked at me, very angrily, and almost shouted, "It's a theoretical question!" To which I immediately knew I would be of no further assistance to him so I quickly walked to the cereal aisle. As soon as we turned the corner with our cart, Russell looked at me while shaking his head and said, "That guy was nuts!", to which Max agreed and I, once again, began asking myself, "where am I!?"

And, some pictures from previous weeks, just because...
This 4 year old has his own style.
 Final weeks of school.
He's really fast.
He likes bugs and lemons.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I remember when Russell was "tested" for preschool. The woman asked "What's your name?" She missed the first time and when he repeated his name again he replied "Dooty Dot." She also asked him to use scissors, which was amusing and yet terrifying, because he didn't know how yet.

He's come along way.

Also, Max looks like a big boy with that hair cut and he's thinning out, getting tall!!!!