Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Last weekend we made a trip to Lincoln Woods State Park, which is just up the road, for a bit of hiking. We had a great time, Russell fell in the water and then had to walk around all morning/afternoon with wet pants, and we did some bird watching and hiking.

There is plenty I could tell about our trip, but this was the best part. They really like each other. It's nice.

Tonight Russell went outside to play some baseball with some friends after supper. They play out front. One is the pitcher and throws the ball across the street to the batter and several other kids are standing around ready to catch the ball before it rolls down the hill. It's a pretty scrappy game, but they all have fun. When Russell went out tonight, Max was finishing his supper. There is no one on the face of the earth who eats slower than Max. I was cleaning up some things when I walked past the front room and glanced outside and saw a police car parked outside. A police officer had stopped to ask the kids if they could throw a knuckle ball and other baseball talk. No big deal, he was just being friendly to the kids. Well...this was no big deal to everyone but Max. He ran to the window and yelled, "HEY WUSSAL, I HEAWD YOU GOT BUSTED BY THE COPS!" (that's how he talks...R's are still difficult for him.) He said it just as the officer was pulling away, so I don't know if he heard or not. Russell thought it was hilarious though...as did R.C. and I.

*One week left of classes for the boys!!*

2 comments:

Chris said...

That is awesome! So so funny! Great boys to get busted by the police! :)

Jen said...

If that isn't the best picture EVER....