Sunday, May 16, 2010

We've had a relaxing weekend after such a crazy week last week. We actually had every meal at home around the table instead of peanut butter sandwiches in the studio with glue covered hands. We have spent time at parks, played some baseball, and spotted a pair of orioles. They are such beautiful birds and so exciting to see...we also spotted their nest, which was also exciting (don't call us dorks for enjoying bird watching! Try it and you'll see how great it is too.) We have done job searching and discussing about the coming months, and it's funny how that is considered relaxing now...

We start another exciting week tomorrow. R.C. is installing his piece on Tuesday, with the help of a pretty awesome assistant (cough cough) and the thesis show is Thursday. When we delivered his piece on Friday to the convention center, it was exciting to see the "behind the scene" work that goes on to make an art show happen. Walls were being built, workers were scurrying around, and pieces of art, that so much blood, sweat and tears had gone into, were scattered all around waiting to be assembled and placed just so. We are all looking forward to Thursday when we can, once again, take a breath and know that one more thing is complete and graduation is just around the corner. Until then we will help with the finishing touches if we are needed, otherwise we will stand back and let the "almost master" work his magic and make a crazy awesome piece of art.

Well, everyone, except me, has been catching up on sleep this weekend and trying to get back on some what of a schedule (my schedule has become the "no schedule-schedule, and lately it has been working for me so I'm not complaining.). R.C. has fallen asleep shortly after the boys Friday night and tonight, so I am left to occupy myself, quietly, so I don't wake anyone. I find the best way to do this is to peruse THIS blog. This weekend I think I read more about this woman's dress making than the usual food blogs. Check it out...you'll love it too...maybe.

2 comments:

Lil said...

We've been bird-nerds this whole week, too! It's been awesome! (Thanks for the blog suggestion, that inspires me to get to work.)

SarahH said...

Thank you for that blog suggestion, too! So neat! I LOVE the creativity and re-inventing of clothes! I've already bookmarked it.