Sunday, May 9, 2010

  • On Friday R.C. took Russell to his studio while I took Max on some errands with me. The boys have such different personalities when they are apart from each other! It was a fun afternoon for them and R.C. and I also to get some one on one time with them.
  • At the Y, every once in awhile, they have an activity called "Parents Night Out". Last Friday this activity was scheduled. It's a night of babysitting so that parents can have a night off. When I heard of this I was not going to pass it up. They needed at least 5 kids to sign up in order for them to do it, and when we signed the boys up they were the only 2. So, I quickly convinced some friends (one family who has 2 kids and one family who has 1 kid) to sign their kids up also. 2+2+1=5!! It was on! (There ended up being a few more other kids also)
  • The boys had a great time swimming, learned a bit about camping, played with their friends and made Mother's Day gifts. According to Russell it was "the best night of my life."
  • R.C. and I went out to eat and got wonderful seafood (I had a bowl of mussels that was bigger than my head!) and actually talked about things other than kids, although they did come up once or twice. We then walked to a used bookstore and looked through wonderful books and enjoyed the quiet. Next stop was ice cream. We got our ice cream to go and walked through the park until we were done and then we went to Lowes for some art supplies.
  • Saturday was spent in the studio. All of us. It's crunch time and projects need to be wrapping up for the year. One thing I love about our little family is that when things get busy we all work together very well to share the "load". 
  • Two nights in a row the boys got to stay up until 9:00 pm! That is VERY rare! Usually by 8:05 pm, at the latest, they are tucked in bed.
  • I woke early on Sunday and began to get out of bed, but was told (by a very groggy, barely coherent, RC) that I needed to stay in bed so the boys could bring me breakfast. I laid in bed awake for 1 1/2 hours until everyone was awake and I was brought rice krispies, toast (with butter frosting) and orange juice. MY BOYS ARE AWESOME (and crazy about carbs...)! 
  • We spent more time in the studio this morning working with R.C.. The boys and I just came home for a break, and to let some glue dry. I need to get lessons planned for the week so we can go back to work with R.C. after supper.
  • I have so much glue on my pants that it is hard to bend my knees. I'm not exaggerating.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Thank goodness for group babysitting. I mean, I don't have kids, but considering what I charge, I'd never hire a babysitter.

Ha.

Your family is a great unit.

Anonymous said...

If the commute wasn't such a problem, I would watch your boys anytime...:) Carrie