Sunday, May 2, 2010

Last week Russell and Max made supper and it was GREAT! They wanted to make a family favorite, Kung Fu Panda soup. I was a bit nervous about handing my boys sharp knives, especially Max, but with a little instructing, they were chopping vegetables like pros. I did not get pictures of them chopping because I wanted to keep all my attention on them and their little fingers.) They learned how to read recipes, and measure correctly. The soup turned out great and R.C. even said it was the best that has been made yet! That's saying a lot since we make it a lot! (No pandas were harmed in the making of this soup...it's named after the popular kids movie Kung Fu Panda.) This is the recipe that we started with when we first started making the soup. Over time I have strayed from the recipe (which I do A LOT! It's very rare for me to actually follow a recipe entirely since I like to put my own spin on most (all) dishes.) and added more/different veggies, less/no sugar, more chili paste and different noodles, or dumplings.

Last week was also peanut butter night with the PawSox. As others waited in line at the box office to get tickets, we walked to a table, set our 4 jars of peanut butter down, were handed 4 tickets and walked into the game. We had a fantastic time watching the PawSox get beat, switching seats muliple times, eating hotdogs, getting a bloody nose, and being given a "home run ball" that was hit during warm up, but it was SO cold and windy that we left by the 6th inning!
The boys had even made signs to take...(Russell I guess was concerned that they would not know he was a fan, and Max wanted Josh Reddick to go...twice.)
Saturday morning was pancake morning and Max was the chef. He made a delicious berry salad to go along with the pancakes, and helped measure, pour, flip and serve the pancakes. Hey Bobby Flay, I've got a Max who is ready for a showdown!
Saturday morning we went to the park and played baseball and got some flowers planted in the flower boxes on the porch. After supper, and baths, the boys got to have a movie night. They had rented Coraline from the library and were ecstatic when the movie came with 3-D glasses.

2 comments:

Jen said...

have you seen fever pitch with jimmy fallon?

maybe you guys would be that kind of fan?

Anonymous said...

I remember a similar picture with a very young Russell and R.C. on the couch in 3D glasses:) -Carrie