This afternoon, after some errands and some baseball in the park, I took the boys to the beach to enjoy the beautiful weather. As soon as I parked the car and turned it off Russell threw his door open, took a deep breath and yelled (in a wonderful pirate voice), "Ahhhhh, I sure have missed that salty sea air!" We walked up and down the beach searching for seashells and sea glass, petting dogs that were enjoying a day out also, and chatting with some friends who we happened to run into. Soon the boys legs could walk no further so we headed back to the car and drove home with the windows down while singing Beach Boys songs as loud as we could.
(We were completely over dressed for the beach today! I assumed that even though it was warm, it would probably be a bit cool on the beach. Usually I am right when it comes to things like this. Not today though.)
Spring is definitly here. We have seen several flowers in bloom around the neighborhood (well...not in our neighborhood, but in other neighborhoods), and the heat has been off for a week now. We may have a few days here and there where it gets cool again, but spring is in the air.
RC update: RC was in NYC 3 days and 2 nights this week and is now busily working in the studio. He's keeping more than busy trying to get through these last few months of school.
No comments:
Post a Comment