Russell chose to take a martial arts class. I did not go to his class with him so I do not have stories to share from that, other than I hear he should wear some pants that don't fall down next time. (RC and Max watched the class and passed that message along)
Max wanted to take swimming lessons for his activity. I signed him up for a class in which I would get in the water with him, per his request. We attended the first lesson and the teacher was impressed with Max's "swimming" ability and promoted him to the next class level. This means that I no longer have to get in the water! Russell and I took him to this class on Friday morning and he was a bit nervous, but once he met his teacher he was showing all his swim moves and had a great time. The only time he got upset was when they told him class was over and he could go get his towel. He truely is a fish.
Russell has been obsesed with Super Mario Brothers since our Wisconsin trip. Uncle John played Mario with the boys one evening (and well into the night) and it was definitly a huge highlight for the boys. Since being home, Russell is thinking one thing...Mario! He is constatly humming the Mario theme song, jumping to "collect gold coins" and wondering if John beat level 3 yet. One thing he has done is build a Mario set out of Legos.
This is his King Kupa's (sp??)Castle he created. The picture doesn't really do it justice. It really is pretty cool, complete with little hammer throwing guys, jewels, and a flower coming out of a pipe. Today is castle demolition day though. Max is itching to get his hands on the Legos and make something he likes.
1 comment:
John has gotten out his old Nintendo so he can play at home and practice for Russell. He beat the first two worlds, but two crying babies distracted him in the third and he lost. We'll keep you posted on his progress.
---Carrie---
Post a Comment