Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Today in our history/geography lesson we are moving on from Egypt into Mesopotamia. Our first lesson is learning about what Mesopotamia means. If you didn't know, Mesopotamia means "the land between the rivers". The 2 rivers Mesopotamia lays between are the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.

After discussing this topic for 30 minutes I gave the boys a verbal quiz on what we had just read/discussed. Max was asked the question, "what are the names of the 2 rivers we have been talking about?" This was an easy question just so I could see if he had absorbed any information that we had just gone over.

His answer:

"The Tigris and the Alfredo rivers."

After this answer it was hard to keep the boys from thinking about food. Russell answered his questions properly, but it was obvious he was dreaming about floating down a river of alfredo.

Also, as I was putting away the cleaning supplies after giving the bathroom a good scrubbing, Russell approached me with some good information. He told me, "I know you just cleaned the bathroom so I didn't pee on the seat this time."

This makes me wonder what he does on the days when he knows that I didn't just clean the bathroom. Oh, little boys are wonderful.

3 comments:

Jen said...

kids say the darndest things.

hahaha. did you ask him about days that you don't clean the bathroom? Speaking of peeing on the seat, I have a funny story for you.

Chris said...

Note to self....bring lots of seat covers next time I visit.

Kids do say the funniest things, and many times they have no idea how funny they are! I'm dreaming of floating down a river of alfredo also. Thanks Russell and Max!

Anonymous said...

aww man! I didn't know you just cleaned!