Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The boys and I spent our morning in Firestone getting our oil changed and getting a squeaky belt changed. I assumed it would take 45 minutes, maybe an hour. Well, it took much longer than expected. MUCH LONGER! The boys were great during the wait (obviously, right?! haha) and made all the men working get a good laugh.

How?

Well, as we sat in the waiting area we saw them drive our little "birdman" car into the stall and begin lifting it into the air. As soon as the tires left the floor Max yelled out, "OUR CAR IS FLYING!!!" Both boys burst into laughter and kept talking about how Harry Potter was in the car making it fly. As I said in a previous post, Max has a VERY contagious laugh and soon everyone was laughing and Max and Russell were crying they were laughing so hard. All because a car was up on a jack. One man later told me that he was thrilled that the boys found the car in the air so funny. He said that as a child he too thought that cars in "the shop" were flying. He told me that seeing the boys laugh so hard took him back to his younger years and often forgets that such little things make kids laugh.

The best part of this...
They gave me a quote for the work they were going to do and it was $____. When they were finished and I went to the counter to pay the total was $20 less than I was earlier told. Could it have been because my boys made all these men laugh and put them in a good mood? I'm not sure, but I am going to instruct the boys to bust up laughing in the grocery store, at the eye doctor, dentist, and Target. I'm going to be saving some serious cash now, I can feel it.

1 comment:

Chris said...

If your strategy works, you'll have to loan the boys out for others to get a good discount. :)