Monday, August 24, 2009

Today R.C. and I celebrate our 7th year of wedded bliss (It's been blissful right? Right!? Of course I'm right!) and one year of living on the East Coast.

Everyone says it, but it's true...the years have flown by! R.C. is a good man for putting up with me not making lists of things that I need to get at the store, never buying snack foods, being cranky until I have had at least 2 cups of coffee in the morning, hogging the couch, shrinking his clothes and all sorts of other shenanigans. Here's to 77 (at least!) more, R.C.!

This is the most recent picture of R.C. and I. Taken by Max.
Last year, on this day, we showed the boys their new room and home, and moved the last of our belongings into our small apartment. It's hard to believe that it has been a year since we moved here. This last year has been an adventure. It seems like each day there is something new/crazy/annoying that happens that makes me either think I could live here forever, or makes me scream and want to pack my bags and leave for the comfort of the Midwest. We have met wonderful people and love our little apartment. I know last summer I complained about the noise of the kids outside, but now it is normal and almost nice to hear them out playing at all hours of the night. My little kitchen was once the room I thought I could never get used to, but now it has become my favorite place in our apartment. It's tiny and cramped, but it's cozy and convenient. R.C. and I have learned how to move easily in there together with no problem, while others see it and cringe at the size. We have seen and done so many great new things and still have not made a dent in the list of things to see and do on the East Coast. I feel we need to stick around a few more years to knock a few more of those "to do" things off our list.

10 days until we start school. Summer is quickly coming to a close. When the boys and I start school I am sure it will kick R.C. into school mode too. I am not ready for him to be gone all day and all night again. I just got used to him being home all the time, and now it's school time again. I'm very excited to get 1st grade and preschool started! This year I feel more at ease and I know how and where the boys work the best. I can't wait to see what these little guys are going to learn and the funny things they will say and do along the way.


When we first decided to move here I was excited. Then I thought NO WAY! Then I was excited again. Obviously I still have the days when I think that I hate this place. These times usually occur when I am driving with the idiots around here or when I can't find malt powder in the grocery store. Our happy days completely out weigh our angry days though. One day on a beautiful beach can wipe out 2 weeks worth of being angry at this city. I can't imagine living away from the beach and ocean, but in 9 months when school is out we will probably be packing again and setting up house in a new area. We have no idea where we will end up, but after this move I know that we can go anywhere and make it work.

Another year of blogging is coming your way...

2 comments:

SARA said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY :) CONGRATS on 7 years!
Me and my hubby just celebrated a small 4 years, but it seems as every year goes by so quickly!!!
CONGRATS :)

bp said...

Happy Anniversary! Just finished our fireplace patio. Wherever you end up--save a few days out of the year for a little "fire time" here in the midwest. Best wishes to all of you in the coming year.