I thought I had a few years to go before one of my children came to me, telling me that they had a long day and needed a drink. I figured this would happen when they were in their 30's, CEO of some large company doing good for mankind, and had 2.4 children, a wife and a dog. I never would have expected my 3 year old to utter the words, "it's been a long day. I need a drink." When I asked what he had in mind he said, "nice cold milk, in a blue cup" (followed by a very large 3 year old sigh). As I looked down at Max it was obvious he was feeling exhausted. We had a busy day at the YMCA and then filled our brains with kindergarten/preschool knowledge, and Max was feeling drained today. He got his drink of milk, and, if you give a Max a milk, he's going to ask for a cookie. It was just what this little guy needed to make it through the rest of his "stressful" day.
*In case you are concerned, no, we do not say, "it's been a long day, I need a drink" often in this house. No need to worry folks.
*Russell was not interested in a cookie or having his picture taken. He is alive and well though.
2 comments:
I agree with Max sometimes a nice cold glass of milk just hits the spot. How did you get your house reversed in the picture?
That looks like a pretty tasty cookie! May I have one?
Post a Comment