Sunday, May 10, 2009

If I haven't said it before (but I know I have), I have the best 2 boys anyone could ever have! Today was Mother's Day and I was awoken with breakfast in bed (actually I was already awake and out of bed, but R.C. sent me back before the boys saw me so they could surprise me with breakfast in bed).

As I sat reading in bed, (as I do every morning, right?) the door opened slowly and in walked 2 little boys smiling from ear to ear yelling "Happy Mother's Day" while carrying a plate of breakfast. Russell had lovingly made me 2 pieces of toast with a generous amount of butter and Maxwell had taken time to peel a banana for me and get a cup of yogurt and spoon for me. R.C. helped by making the coffee. As R.C. said, sure he could have made a great breakfast and had them carry it in to me, but he thought it would be better if they actually made it all by themselves. He was right! It was wonderful! So wonderful in fact, that neither of the boys could keep their hands off my plate. They jumped in bed, made themselves comfy and helped themselves to all my yogurt, half the banana and half the toast while we looked at Pokemon cards together. Perfect!
Later we headed to one of my favorite places on earth...the beach! It was a beautiful day, a bit windy though. We walked along the beach further than we have ever walked before, were able to take our flip flops off to get our feet wet and watch people surf. Along the way R.C. found something that made me scream out loud. No, it wasn't a crab, a shark or a snake. He presented me with the most beautiful piece of sea glass I have ever seen/found. A deep cobalt blue piece of sea glass that is better than anything you could buy in a store for Mother's Day. We finished our day by getting ice cream at our favorite ice cream place and dropping R.C. off at school so he could work. Thanks for a wonderful Mother's Day boys. And thank you, R.C., for helping make it wonderful, and for these special boys!

Wading across a stream
Surfers
Us...Running
A new piece to add to my collection.Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there!

No comments: