Saturday, May 2, 2009

I came across this article on cnn.com and found it oh so true. Everyone has these "guilty pleasures" and it's about time we (ladies) stop feeling guilty about them and just enjoy them like men do. I know I, for one, am tired of hiding my love for Keeping up with the Kardashians and Operation Repo. I am also no longer going to pretend that I don't enjoy celebrity gossip magazines or dancing to classic rock with the boys (ok, so I have admitted my dancing before, but maybe now I will not feel like I need to close the blinds before I start the music). I will also enjoy my Chinese food/pizza/burger without thinking about how I will have to workout extra long and hard the next day. These are wonderful little things that let you escape "the real world" for a few moments during the day and everyone needs that from time to time.

Ok, so I fessed up to some of my "guilty pleasures" and now it's time to hear some of yours...
I know I'm not the only one who has them.

4 comments:

Jen said...

i eat pints of ice cream from baskin robbins when I feel homesick. I skype my family when the time isn't right...for anyone. super early in the morning for them and way late at night for me.

I read usmagazine.com during my breaks at work.

and I use a lotta oregano in my pasta sauce when I feel like I've hat too much Korean food.

Jen said...

ps. did I mention that they are FULL pints.
the whole thing..in one sitting...

Wherethe3wildthingsare said...

I too sit down and eat Ben and Jerrys in a sitting, oh it is SOOO good. I watch SO much crime drama that my girls are going to be locked away in a bomb shelter till i see fit.

Lil said...

Mine would certainly have to be the Twilight series - reading well over 2000 pages of teenage vampire melodrama in two weeks.
And, I will devour any celebrity trash magazine that is within my reach when I have any amount of time to spare.