If you were looking at the same boys I was and saw the same happy faces I did as they planned a party for a "pet", then you would not have thought twice.
Yesterday Max informed me that he thought Tipper's birthday was coming up. Russell immediately chimed in and said he was sure Max was right, that Tipper's birthday was, in fact, tomorrow (today). Together the 2 of them spent a good part of the afternoon planning out Tipper's party. I thought it was cute that they were putting so much thought into it, but figured it would be much like the plans they have for building a roller coaster in the backyard; they would plan, plan, plan, and then ask to go outside to play and forget all about the plans they had made.
Last night when I tucked Maxwell into bed and placed Tipper under his chin, like always, Max whispered to Tipper, "tomorrow is your birfday" (yes, I intended to spell birthday this way...it's how Max talks). I knew then that this was not something he was going to forget about. Sure enough he woke this morning carrying "the birfday Tipper" and began the planning once again. We did our normal daily activities like we do everyday, but after school work was complete and the house was (some-what) cleaned we started celebrating the birthday.
Luckily I had a pizza in the freezer (and luckily R.C. was not home for supper or we wouldn't have had enough. Russell is a true boy now and can put away pizza like crazy!) and ingredients in the cupboard to make a cake....from scratch!! WHAT!! For a stuffed cat!!?? Oh yes, my friend!! Only the best for our furry friend. The boys were both very helpful and in no time we had a cake cooling and frosting made, waiting to be put onto our cake. Birthday plates were dug out from the back of the cupboard and candles were arranged on the top of the cake. We were fortunate enough to be able to skype my sister, Chris, and her cat, Sammy, and let them see the great time we were having and join in singing "happy birthday" to Tipper.
1. This lady is crazy! A cake for a stuffed cat!!
2. Boy, she sure does love her kids to do this for one of their toys.
3. If you really wanted cake that bad Melissa, just make one! No need to say it is for "the boys pretend pet cat".
What can I say. They all sum me up pretty well. I am a bit crazy when it comes to my kids (in a good way!), I do love them very much and would do (just about) anything to make them happy, and I did feel the need for cake...really bad, so of course I was not going to kibosh their plans!! "Tipper" (a.k.a mommy) might devour most of it tonight as the boys sleep. Shhhh.
We didn't have the balloons, clowns or Spiderman, like they were planning, but I think we gave Tipper a birthday that most stuffed cats don't get.
2. Boy, she sure does love her kids to do this for one of their toys.
3. If you really wanted cake that bad Melissa, just make one! No need to say it is for "the boys pretend pet cat".
What can I say. They all sum me up pretty well. I am a bit crazy when it comes to my kids (in a good way!), I do love them very much and would do (just about) anything to make them happy, and I did feel the need for cake...really bad, so of course I was not going to kibosh their plans!! "Tipper" (a.k.a mommy) might devour most of it tonight as the boys sleep. Shhhh.
We didn't have the balloons, clowns or Spiderman, like they were planning, but I think we gave Tipper a birthday that most stuffed cats don't get.
3 comments:
It was a great party! So glad I was able to attend! Happy Birthday, Tipper! Don't eat all the cake at once, Melissa! :)
Happy Birthday, Tipper! You have a great family. Tell Max that he is a great owner and takes very good care of you.
So terribly sad I missed out on Tipper's birthday....perhaps I can attend her half birthday ? :p
What I wouldn't give for a "real" cake....
But happy it was a joyful and ful- (belly) filling occasion!
Post a Comment