(BIG SIGH...)
Well, it has happened once again. Sickness has invaded our home and seems to be sticking around longer this time. Last week I was not feeling well. When I get sick, I tend to ignore all signs of sickness hoping that this technique will make it impossible for sickness to settle in me for too long. It seemed to work....some what anyways. I spent the week ignoring the chills, aches and headaches. Which was quite exhausting to do, but, I feel I came out victorious, since on Friday I was feeling much better and I did not have to spend a day in bed or on the couch feeling sorry for myself.
R.C. has been lucky so far (spending so much time away from the home has it's advantages!). He mentioned last week, as he was leaving for school, that he was not feeling well, but I have not heard any more complaints of sickness. Lets hope the feeling passed and he is happily/healthily working in his studio as I type.
The boys on the other hand are taking a beating from this sickness. Last week I had to cancel play time with our friends due to myself not feeling well and the boys having runny noses. I am willing to bet this week we will have to cancel also. During the day they are happy, coughing, drippy nosed children. By early evening they are cranky, tired, coughing, drippy nosed children. Last night I listened to dueling coughing until 10:30 pm when Maxwell finally fell (quietly) asleep. Russell then took center stage for a coughing solo until almost 2:00 am!
Today we are staying in our pj's all day. I am hoping that a day in pj's, lots of juice, and too much t.v. watching will kick this unwanted visitor to the curb!
Also...
If you haven't checked R.C.'s blog, you should. We had another art show in our living room last Friday night. I'm not sure how many people showed up, but it was a full house. The boys and I looked at the art a bit and chatted with some of the guests, but we excused ourselves early to go do a Spiderman puzzle, and just hang out, in their room. From the sounds that we heard coming from the living room, it sounded like everyone had a great time. Now, once again, we need to try to put our home back together.
No comments:
Post a Comment