Tuesday, January 27, 2009

One thing I really miss about Greenville: Free air.

My tires seemed a bit low so we went to the gas station to check them and put some air in if necessary. I needed just a little bit in each and it cost me $0.75 to use their air machine for 3 minutes. I miss the days of taking 10+ minutes to check and fill my tires at Casey's and not be charged a penny. Nothing is free here. NOTHING. Not even air. I am waiting for the day when I step out my door and someone is there to collect a quarter from me so I can take a walk on their sidewalks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get your quarter out--it's called property taxes--part of your rent!!

Dad S. said...

I am catching up on blogs from the past few weeks. Did you say a QUARTER from the tooth fairy? I thought that was the going rate 20 years ago, and maybe even 40 years ago. I guess the tooth fairy has not heard of inflation.

We always love the pictures.

Lil said...

Really? Marios doesn't make the list? That's the thing I miss about Gville. That and the Saylers :)