It finally happened. Sickness has found us. We had been lucky thus far without so much as a sniffle since we left Greenville. Thursday Maxwell started complaining of a "hurt tummy" and refused to eat much of anything. Sure enough, he woke Friday morning with a stuffed and drippy nose, slight fever and still a "hurt tummy". Today he is miserable and Russell is quickly following Max onto the sick train. (How convenient...R.C. woke before us today and left for NYC and will be home very late tonight. On one hand I am glad he is out of here so that he can hopefully steer clear of this sickness, but on the other hand with 2 sick boys I am a bit jealous that he gets to leave and I get to stay and wipe noses, hand out meds, and listen to sick whinning all day long. Yes, I know, I know, I know, this is what mothers do. I am happy to care for the boys, that's why I said I am only "a BIT jealous".)
So, what do we do when people aren't feeling well? We have a puzzle party! This morning we decided we would stay in our jammies, get out our big tote of puzzles and try to do all of them. We spent 3 hours straight sitting on the living room floor doing puzzle after puzzle. We ended up getting 12 puzzles done. Some were simple 24 piece ones, some were a little tricky with 200 pieces. One thing was agreed upon as we were finishing up our last one, we are puzzle experts. Maxwell even decided that he wants to be a puzzle put-er toghther-er (yes, I know that's not a real word...but to Max it is) when he is older. I didn't shoot down his dreams, all I did was tell him it might be difficult to get a job putting puzzles together, but Russell was quick, very quick, to correct me. You see, Russell remembers a store in the mall that sells only puzzles. It's a neat store to look in, but we have never once seen anyone purchase a puzzle from this store. So, what does the one employee do while watching over the store? She does a puzzle! Thanks to Russell for reminding me that Maxwell's dream is not too far fetched. Leave it to Russell to come up with a solution to everything.
I think the rest of the afternoon/evening will be spent under a blanket on the couch watching endless hours of kid movies. I have been feeling like I to am ready to board the sick train, but I like to believe that if I ignore all the signs/feelings, then I will not be handed a boarding pass for this train. Let's hope it works...
1 comment:
Maybe Max and I could both be puzzle putter together-ers. I would love a job like that also! Max and I can start our own company. We'll be the best in the business!
Post a Comment