Sunday, January 11, 2009

Friday was the perfect school day. Well, as perfect as they get in this house anyways. Everyone awoke and began the day in a good mood. Breakfast was eaten, clothes were changed and the workbooks were taken out of the cupboard. On most days, school is a fun time, and both boys enjoy doing their work, but also look forward to the end of the day when we put the books away and get the toys out. Friday was different. The workbooks stayed out longer than usual and I had to put them away while both boys cried and wanted to keep going on their work. They love their new curriculum and if given the chance, they would work through it in week, instead of the 4-5 months it is supposed to take. After hours of doing workbooks, and to stop the crying, we donned our newsie apparel, turned on our newsie CD and had a 45 minute newsie dance off (exhausting!!). After dancing nonstop, we (mainly I) were tired and decided to do some more work. We worked on word searches, crosswords, and I Spy until supper time. Their little brains were smoking by the end of the night from all the work they did, but they each said they had a really fun day. If you didn't already know...these boys are awesome!

Diligent little workers...who are also very funny.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So studious! Can you come to my classroom and teach my students? You guys have a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

How do you get them to both have the same expression in each picture? Is Max really studying? What happens when they get to be too much for the teacher to handle??!!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, I wish I had been born a Sayler. Life looks so fun!