Tuesday, January 13, 2009

To the 2 women standing behind me at the post office:

1. I am in fact the mother of these 2 little boys.
2. Yes, my son is wearing a costume...in public! (Heaven forbid!)
3. Yes, this boy is school age, and no he was not in school when we were at the post office.
4. I am not too young to home school or be a mother.
5. Next time you decide to talk about a person, make sure they are not standing less than 2 feet in front of you.

If you couldn't tell, I had a very....annoying (to say the least) experience at the post office today. People assume I am too young, and keeping my children from school. Even when I told them I was the mother and home school, they still felt the need to whisper (very loudly) and criticize someone (us) who they had never seen before. These people annoy me to no end.

I know, I know...stick to writing about happy go lucky, carefree days, Melissa. But, hey, days like this are also a part of life as we Saylers live it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Lissy. Keep control! Were there no comments from the boys while waiting?

Anonymous said...

Ridiculous. If only they truly knew your family! Super intelligent and obviously passing this along to her boys (and it shows!). You should've had those boys tell them ladies their ages and what they are learning, because they are far more advanced than if they were in public school!

The same ladies no doubt would be appalled if someone didn't know basic life skills, such as mailing a letter, taking care of finances, etc. It has to start at some point! Good grief.