It's that time of year again. The time when we no longer fight to keep T.V. out of our lives. We now embrace all the Christmas movies. It only happens once a year so we need to get our fill of The Grinch, White Christmas (ok, so maybe everyone doesn't need to watch the entire movie over and over to get their fill of this one.), and Charlie Brown. Let us not forget, my favorite, Home Alone. I could watch Home Alone from December 1-December 25 and never get tired of little Kevin.
We have always been some-what anti-T.V. when it comes to the boys, so this time of year is a treat for them. This is the one time during the year when every night (almost) is a family movie night. We are still doing our everyday schooling, reading, playing, and chores, but for a few weeks I take a break in the evenings. Most evenings the boys bring about 15 books each to the couch, we sit, and I read until I can no longer be heard or understood. For the next few weeks I will read only 5 books for each boy, and I will let Dr. Seuss (The Grinch), or Burl Ives (Rudolph) join in our story time, and give my throat a break (and plus, I like to have stories told to me from time to time).
(This in no way should be misunderstood that I do not like to read to the boys. I still, and always will, think books are VERY important to kids, and I still LOVE to read to them.)
No comments:
Post a Comment