I love Christmas music. Sure, I have posted before on not wanting to hear it, but that was only because it was not time yet. We now listen to it from the moment we wake up to the moment just before we fall asleep. I have my favorites, as everyone else does. I love the classics. Santa Clause Is Coming To Town, O Holy Night (preferable sung by uncle Kenny), Rudolph, Silent Night, All I Want For Christmas Is You, Drummer Boy, Is That You Santa Clause, the list could go on and on. Yes, sometimes people get carried away trying to make these classics "their song", but it's hard to REALLY mess up a Christmas song. I'm not a huge fan of some of these newer songs that have been written in the last few years, such as The Christmas Shoes, but I can tolerate these. I don't even mind when they have the dogs barking Jingle Bells. I don't think I'm too difficult to please when it comes to holiday music.
This year, though, I heard a song that is intolerable and just plain old annoying. Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey. Maybe you've heard this also. They say Dominic is Santa's friend because the reindeer "can't climb the hills of Italy", but Dominic can. Reindeer fly (at least Santa's reindeer fly, not real reindeer), they don't climb, so I don't see a problem with them getting up the Italian hills. I just cringe when I hear this song come on. It's not only the words that annoy me, but the music also. It sounds like a song you would hear at the circus, not one you sip hot cocoa to. How this has made it's way to the Christmas play list on the radio, I may never know...
1 comment:
You definitely have an opinion, don't you?
Post a Comment