A great Halloween was had yesterday. We started the day by decorating our trick or treat bags. I forgot until the last minute that, before our move, we sold everything (how could I forget this?) including our cute little jack-o-lantern buckets for trick or treating. So I found some giant paper grocery bags from Whole Foods and we sat down with our glue sticks, construction paper and scissors and decorated bags with pumpkins, ghosts, spiders and skeletons. They served the purpose and even got a few complements along the way. I plan on making it a Halloween tradition that we will decorate our own used bags. Recycle! Why hadn't I thought of this before?
I had to get a few groceries yesterday and the boys, I mean Spiderman and Peter Pan, had a great time showing off their costumes to everyone in the stores. We had to stop many times for the ladies along the way to giggle and chat with the boys. Other people just starred and pointed, in a good way though.
We met up with some friends later that afternoon to do some trick or treating. Spiderman, Superman, Peter Pan and a chicken made up our group. The boys were so excited to get to see their friends again and Russell was even more excited that Galli was Superman. Another superhero to help him (Spiderman) keep us all safe from crime. We got a good amount of candy, had people ooooh and ahhhh at the costumes and then headed home to pick up R.C. from school and have some supper. We finished off the evening with a few pieces of candy and some apple cider. Maxwell slept until 9:45 this morning so maybe we need to start giving him candy and cider every night before bed....
(blurry pictures, I know...)
No comments:
Post a Comment