Wednesday the boys and I drove to the airport to wait for the arrival of Grandpa and Grandma Polka (Soman). We were to meet them at 12:45 but after listening to the boys ask over and over when we were going to leave to pick Grandpa and Grandma up, I decided that we would leave early and spend some time exploring the airport. We were able to see airplanes fly over preparing to land, and the Starbucks man wheel 10 gallons of milk down a long corridor. Little did he know he had 2 milk loving boys following close behind, I suppose waiting for him to drop something. Finally, in the middle of our 4th mini dance party at the end of the baggage claim, we saw Grandpa and Grandma coming down the stairs. Cheers and hugs greeted them to the great state of Rhode Island.
We had a very nice visit. Here are a few of the highlights:
- A RISD tour from a great tour guide named R.C..
- Lobster and stuffed clams for supper.
- Spending time in R.C.'s studio veiwing his art.
- Finding beautiful beaches and picking up lovely shells and drift wood.
- Watching R.C. get incredibly exciting to drive an awesome rental SUV.
- Bunkbeds for the boys. They have much more room to play now and it's not a high bed at all. I could get onto the top bunk without a boost or a step. They LOVE it!
- Watching the boys run along the beach.
- Point Judith lighthouse.
- The "wrap shack" and the wonderful calamari and fish and chips wraps we had for lunch there.
- Making new curtains for Russell and Max.
- Grandpa and Grandma being woken up first by the boys each morning.
I am sure I have forgotten things, but you get the idea. A great time was had and I hope that more of you will come to visit.
Thanks for a great time Grandpa and Grandma Polka (aka Mom and Dad).
No comments:
Post a Comment