Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It is so easy for a perfectly good day to be ruined by a night of too little sleep. This morning was one of those mornings. I felt cranky, cold and tired the minute I woke up. Over a bowl of honeycomb cereal, Russell and I were discussing the 5 senses. As we were going over the topics of taste buds and colorblindness, Russell succeeded in turning a soon-to-be bad day into a great day, in the matter of seconds. "You are the smartest person I know", was all he said. I guess I never saw myself as an expert on taste buds and colorblindness, but he seems to think I am, and who I am to correct him? What mother doesn't want to be thought of as a genius in the eyes of her child?

4 comments:

Jen said...

that made my day too!

now if i can get him to change his mind and tell ME i'm the smartest person he knows....

that'll make my whole week!

Dad S. said...

Melissa, you are a very good writer. We really do enjoy reading about what is going on. I hope RC does not feel bad about you being the smartest person Russell knows. YOU two are doing an excellent job with THOSE two.

By the way, I also enjoyed reading about the lobsters, the bulging eyes, and "lobster fights." However, I would think Max may be a bit timid about holding a lobster. But I am sure the boys found it fascinating to be able to see and hold a lobster - definitely not a traditional Wisconsin or Illinois animal

Dad S. said...

I am getting the hang of this. I just changed my nickname to "Dad S." Now, if I could figure out how to add a picture, like Jennifer has done.

Anonymous said...

I told her she was a good writer also! She didn't believe me though.

No cool picture for me.