Monday, October 20, 2008

Yesterday was Russell's birthday, and he had a good day (hopefully).

Yesterday was also a good day for R.C. and I because we were able to enjoy a delicious lobster dinner in the comfort of our own home. Lobster was on sale at the store yesterday so it was impossible to pass up. The boys and I picked up 2 live lobsters and some ABC shaped tater tots (it was Russell's day and this is what he wanted. I know, not the most glamorous side dish) and headed home to put some fire under the pots of water. The boys tried it, but didn't care for it too much(too bad! more for us!). They did, however, enjoy dipping their tater tots in the melted butter.

If I could, I would now show you some pictures. Please imagine, if you will:
2 young boys holding 2 live lobsters with eyes bulging(the boys eyes, not the lobsters. Well, now that I think about it, if lobster eyes could bulge, they probably would have after the ordeal the boys put them through!)
2 lobsters being pushed together in a "lobster fight" while boys smile ear to ear.
R.C. giving a lesson in the parts of a lobster.
And finally, a bright yellow plate, with 2 bright red lobsters sitting quietly, while steam rolls off their shells.
(Thanks for the nutcracker Jake and Lil. It works great on lobster claws as well as walnuts. Maybe you don't remember, but you brought it to our house years ago and forgot it. We remembered it, but have never got around to giving it back. We would not have been able to have this meal without your contribution.)

Russell then decided he wanted to go to Build-A-Bear in the mall. We get there and Russell was no longer interested, so Max got his and we headed home. They do share it surprisingly well, so maybe it wasn't a bad idea to only get one. We (I) had been told before we left, by Russell, that we didn't get to look at any "girl stuff". Not even just a look. I'm glad he only gets to make the rules for one day out of the year!

We spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing. By relaxing I mean R.C. fell asleep on the couch, I did dishes and cleaned up and the boys played until supper time. Haha! We had delicious pizza for supper with root beer followed by a dinosaur shaped cake. The cake portion of the cake didn't turn out too well, but I found that if you put extra frosting on, you can't tell. So really it was frosting in the shape of a dinosaur, with a few cake pieces thrown in. See, I do let my kids have treats! Root beer and cake all in one day!
I would now show you pictures of: Russell and his cake, me covering Maxwell's mouth as he was trying to blow out Russell's candles for the 3rd time, and finally, Maxwell giving Russell a nice birthday hug.

3 comments:

Hans said...

Happy belated birthday Russell, btw did Jen ever tell you guys my mom while looking at pictures of Russell (Bud at the time) named him Ruff?

Anyways, happy dinosaur wishes from Sweden.
-Hans

Jen said...

Did Jen ever know that? I know you called him TRex.

Unknown said...

O Russell's B-Day. Reminds me of goodtimes. I miss you guys. Hope all is well. I would like to see the bear the boys got with there gift cards.