Living in this city I can imagine it is like most other cities across the U.S.. Too many cars, too many buildings, too many people. There are so many choices though. On any given day you can have any type of food you could think of, shop at a variety of grocery stores, and pick from a number of leisure activities. You can even choose a different Dunkin Doughnuts each weekend, since there is one on every corner. So far in my time here in Providence, I have never thought, "boy, wouldn't it be nice if I could go/get/do ________ a little closer to home?"
The one thing that I think Providence could work on would be selection on the radio. Sure they have our beloved NPR (the boys LOVE "car talk"), but if you stray from NPR you are in for quite a time trip.
Phil Collins
Bon Jovi
Mariah Carey
Boys to Men
Oasis
Hootie and the Blowfish
Seal
Just to name a few.
Each and everytime I am driving in the car I have traveled back in time to the early 1990's. If you see me driving in the car, I am most definaly going to be singing along to The Crash Test Dummies, or something equal to them. It drives me crazy that this is all they play, but at the same time I feel compelled to listen. I could easily put in a number of CD's, but then I would miss out on a fun little game the boys and I play.
They hear a song come on the radio.
"Do you know THIS song mom?"
"You bet I do." I proceed to sing it for them (how, after all these years, do I still remember all the words to Kiss From A Rose?) and then I get a few claps and giggles from the backseat. It's great fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment