Does anyone see a theme here? I feel like all I do is write about things the boys say. I can't help it though. I have 2 kids who speak their mind to anyone and everyone. (I love it!)
This morning I dropped a contact. If you have experienced this, I am sure you can sympathize with me. It all happens in slow motion. One second you have it in your fingers, rinsing it off, the next second, it drops and disappears. I sometimes wonder if once a contact hits the hard surface of the sink, it instantly turns to vapor and is gone forever. If it does not turn to vapor, then I usually find it a week later in a very obscure place, such as dried up stuck between 2 cereal boxes.
I was determined to find it this morning before it dried and became useless. I was in the bathroom, squinting as hard as I could, trying to located this small item when Russell walks in. He just stands in the doorway starring at me. I look up and he asks me what I am doing. "Looking for my contact that I dropped" is my response.
"Maybe if you would put things where they belong, you would know where they are when you need them." Thanks for the fantastic advise, Russell. Obviously he has been told this several times. I didn't feel like arguing with him and telling him that it was, in fact, in the right place, I just had slippery fingers. He probably would have had some come back that would make me once again shake my head and sigh.
I hope this doesn't make me lose my spot at the top of his "people who know everything" list.
No comments:
Post a Comment