Our trip East was quite uneventful. This is a good thing when you are traveling with 2 small kids. We started our trip in Wisconsin and with the help of some gifts from grandparents the boys were excited to get in the car and start driving. They were each given several "presents" to keep them occupied in the car and it worked!


We made it to Toledo, Ohio with no problems and no huge emotional meltdowns. We made it to our hotel and crashed on a king size bed for all 4 of us. The boys slept great it seemed. As far as R.C. and I go, well, we could have done without little feet kicking us in the stomach and throat all night long. Yes...I did say feet kicking the throat. Not a good feeling to wake up to in the middle of the night.
We were up and on the road by 7:30 am the next day. We were all quite excited since we were staying in Niagara Falls and would get to spend a good part of the day outside of the car. We arrived at our hotel around 2:30 pm and found that a trolly could pick us up outside our hotel and take us right to the falls. GREAT! Russell and Maxwell were both impressed at the amount of water and how noisy the rushing water is. Max especially enjoyed mimicking the water sound and chasing seagulls. Russell was certain that a brontosaurus could drink all that water in one day.
After several hours of walking we stopped for a quick ice cream treat. The boys enjoyed their ice cream cone, but I think R.C. enjoyed his the most.
When we woke up in the morning we were on the road to Albany, NY to visit family and spend the night. We had a very nice cookout and were able to meet several family members we had not met before. This was by far the best sleep we had on the entire trip. The next morning we would be on our last leg to our new home.
We only had to drive 3 1/2 hours that day and arrived in Providence, Rhode Island around lunch time. The boys were thrilled to see their toys and books again. They had a delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwich on their bedroom floor while we tried to unpack the car.






1 comment:
Yay! I'm so glad you've got this thing up and running!
I've read it all, but will just comment on this one...
The fire water thing looked awesome!
I'm so glad you guys are settling in. I really think city dwelling will be fun for you all- there will always be things to try!
And for your sake- I hope winter comes early this year!
xoxo
Post a Comment