Slowly boxes are disappearing from our rooms. Things are being put away and it is feeling like home. We are comfortable walking almost anywhere now, have found a great park which even has a story time in the afternoon, have made friends with the neighbor kids and have meet some of the adults on the street. The people on our street are very nice but NOISY!! That is what I have to get used to the most. The noise. I want to pull my hair out most evenings when the older kids get to talking outside our living room windows. Last night we listened to them as they were trying to master a trick on a bike. One kid was doing the riding and the others were cheering him on and screaming with joy when he finally did it right (over and over and over again!). It was entertaining to listen to and RC and I did find ourselves glancing at each other and laughing from time to time, but I look forward to quiet, bitterly cold winter nights when no one is interested in leaving the comfort of their own home.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
It is so exciting to walk to the farmers market and a have a huge selection of fresh items. Fruits, vegetables, breads, cheeses, herbs, baked goods. The most exciting for me was the seafood. Lobster, clams, oysters, and fish. They looked and smelled great. Not sketchy like you might be envisioning. I know when I think of a man selling seafood from his truck I don't get a nice picture. But now I will think differently after seeing this. We came home with bags full of cucumbers, onions, a rainbow of different tomatoes, radishes, apples and basil. The one thing we wanted so very badly, but could not stomach the price....sweet corn. When we were in Wisconsin we bought a dozen for $2.00 from kids along side the road. Today grown men wanted $7.00 for a dozen!! We will stick to our frozen bag of corn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment