Tuesday, July 13, 2010

We are alive and well!!

We had an uneventful trip back to the midwest, but I suppose that is a good thing. 

Changes are brewing for all of us, but everything is working out well. R.C. is busy working, I start a new job next week, and the boys will be enjoying a yard and tons of kids in the neighborhood, when they return from Wisconsin. 

Today I sit in a small coffee shop in town using the free WiFi until our internet gets hooked up at home. We are back to small town living and it is STRANGE!!!

I know it has only been 2 years since we lived in a small town, but it seems like an eternity ago! We are able to open our front door and leave it open all day long and not worry about it being unlocked. We have a yard!! We can sleep with windows open and not worry about break ins. I have only heard 1 siren in the last week!!

We are fortunate to have FANTASTIC friends here who have made this transition easier than it should/could have been.

Last weekend we spent time in Wisconsin with family and this next weekend we plan to head south to spend time with more family. We are taking advantage of being near family.

We will begin exploring the area more in the coming weeks, but with both R.C. and myself working blogging could be less frequent than before (gasp! or maybe a relief to some...) The boys will attend public school in the fall, which will be exciting. We've heard only good things about the school here, but it's still strange to think that I will be away from the boys for so long and have little say in what they learn, or how they learn it.

There is our update, just so everyone knows. More to come...there may even be a new blog coming...since we are no longer "Ocean State Saylers".

3 comments:

Sarah Hake said...

I ran into the boys and your mom in Platteville this evening! I told them I was checking the blog daily to see where the Saylers had gone to.....now we know! Glad you are in a safer place and that you are closer to family!

bp said...

A busy but fun week with some boys! So glad you're all closer and hope you get settled soon.

Jen said...

you made my life much easier for my trip home this summer.

:) I know you moved just for me!