Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Sayler family got here safe and sound on Wednesday afternoon! We had a great time during their visit! Here's some of the highlights:

  • Thursday Grandpa and Grandma took the boys to Plimoth Plantations and The Mayflower. They had a fantastic day from the sounds of it! Here are a few pictures to prove it:
  •  Thursday R.C., Shane and I went to Boston to see a RedSox game. This will need it's own posting, but here's a picture to tempt you to come back later to read about the game:
  • Friday we went to the convention center to see the Thesis Show and also to the RISD museum to see the piece that R.C. had in a show there also. 
  • Friday night we went out to a Mexican restaurant and then headed downtown to Water Fire. It was a beautiful night and we got there early enough to get perfect seats right by the water. We watched the boats go up and down the canal as we sipped our free samples of iced coffee.
  • Saturday morning we all woke early so we could get ready for graduation!! When we woke up it was storming but cleared up just before we left the house. The graduation ceremony was actually very good. Usually graduations are not too fun and the speakers are boring (sorry, but it's true.). RISD was the best graduation I have been too. It's not everyday you hear a president of an ivy league school (Brown's president) give a speech and think..."hmmm...I think she would rather teach at RISD" and "Boy, she sure wishes Brown would spice up their graduation ceremony...." These were just my thoughts. The other speakers were all entertaining to listen to and I have never left a graduation ceremony with a Katy Perry song stuck in my head because one of the speakers broke into song during her speech. I could not have been more proud. I know I've said it a million times before, but it's so true. I'll probably say it a million more times too...
These are the 7 sculpture grads who spent much of the last 2 years together.
 R.C.  after he was hooded and greeted by the president.
We are all so very proud of him!

  • After graduation on Saturday we spent time relaxing at home and then grilled and had smores before getting to see Shane's pictures from Israel and watching the end of the ball game.
We had a great few days with the Saylers celebrating R.C.'s accomplishment! Mom and Dad Sayler left today, while Shane gets to stick around until tomorrow evening. Just enough time for us to sneak a beach trip in with him. 


2 comments:

Jen said...

wow. what a fabulous family you have.

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.