Friday, June 18, 2010

I have been behind in blogging for no reason other than I have not been in the mood to sit at a computer and write. Well, I am hoping I am out of my non-writing-funk, and will catch this blog up on our happenings.

Here's a quick update:

  • Before dropping Shane off at the airport last week we went to Beavertail State Park. It was such a nice day and we had a great time jumping rocks all morning and afternoon. We enjoyed a picnic lunch and dropped Shane off with time to spare. As we were saying our good-byes outside of the airport we noticed some men starring at us. They looked familiar to us, but couldn't put our finger on who they were. Soon we realized they were the guys from Ghost Hunters(Grant and Jason). R.C. went to say hi and as he approached them, they said they were just checking him out on their I Phone. Sure enough, there was birdman.com on their phone screen. 
  • We spent a day at Walden Pond. Yes, THE Walden Pond. All I can say is BEAUTIFUL!!!! It is easily one of the most beautiful and peaceful places I have ever been. The parking lot was semi full, and we sometimes came across other people on a hiking trail, but everyone was quiet. It was a place where you could sit all day in quiet meditation. We walked 2+ miles around the entire lake stopping often for breaks, to watch birds or to talk about how cute a chipmunk was. We found an area where the crystal clear water was visible and we were covered by the trees from the few raindrops that began to fall. We sat there for 45 minutes as the boys played with ants and we watched rain fall on the lake. We talked about how great it would be to swim in the clean water, and R.C. finally threw caution to the wind and quietly slipped in. I read the book Walden when I was pregnant with Maxwell and working a crumby job. I would sit and read on my lunch breaks and dream of what Walden would look like and think of how peaceful it would be to get away from all the cranky customers I was dealing with that day...it was everything I imagined. When I first saw the lake, I immediately thought to myself, "yup, that's just how I pictured it." I recommend it to everyone!
  •   The boys and I went to the Providence Children's Museum. I had been telling them for 2 years that we would go, but it just never happened. We would get busy with other things and it would be forgotten about. Well, I finally made good on my promise and we spent an afternoon exploring the museum. The boys loved it. I must admit that I feel bad it took us so long to get there!! We also attended the kick off to the summer reading program for the library. It was held at The State House where there were activities to do, books being given away and an author of one of the books was there to speak and sign the kids books. They also got balloon swords, a balloon hat, and a balloon belt, which they wore as they ran through the beautiful yard of the state house.

  • My sister, Chris, is on a New England vacation with some friends and we were able to see her for a bit. While her friends toured Boston and Newport, Chris came to Providence to visit us. We had her for a day and a half and didn't do too much. It was nice to just hang out and have her around. During this visit I found out that my sister is quite the baseball player. On her first night here we took her to the park so the boys could show off their ball skillz (yeah, that right. I spelled it with a z.). We were all shocked when Chris took the bat and stepped up to the plate. She said, "I only need 2 or 3 pitches. I'm no good since I haven't played since high school P.E. class". I grabber her camera (I forgot mine) so I could document her taking a few swings, but didn't get a good picture. On her first pitch I held the camera up to capture the moment, but saw the ball on the camera screen coming right at my head. I quickly got out of the way and watched as Chris took pitch after pitch and sent each on sailing over our heads. I couldn't get a good picture because I was too busy fielding balls. Who knew??!
  • R.C. is out of his studio. Where did he put everything from his studio? Oh...in the livingroom, kitchen/diningroom, bedroom, anywhere there is a little spare space. We have zero space in here now. R.C. has been setting up a table outside so he can use the saw and work on his piece for his show in NYC. Tomorrow he will head to NYC to install his work, attend the opening, and visit some friends. He will stay for a night or 2 before coming home. The boys and I will stay home and come up with something fun to do...and by fun I mean something that we can do in an air conditioned building. It is supposed to be in the 90's this weekend...yuck!
  • And, sometimes things happen here that I just can't explain...

1 comment:

Jen said...

all those pictures are lovely. but the last one made me laugh. OUT LOUD.