The boys and I have been busily working on lessons. We are 40(ish) days away from completing our school year so we are preparing for tests that I'm
R.C. has been working his tail off at school. He has about 6 weeks left of classes so the pressure is on! He is beyond busy writing his thesis paper, making art, getting ready for several shows, applying to job after job, and trying to spend a little time with the boys.
At Christmas time you may remember reading about "Christmas with the PawSox". We received tickets to a game in the spring for attending this event, and so on Tuesday afternoon we took the boys out to the ball game (I love free tickets!). It was a beautiful day for a ball game...but they lost...12 - 0!! Ouch! Before you begin writing about the boys being at a ball game instead of sitting at the table doing worksheets, you must know that it was field trip day for public school kids also. The general admission seats were FULL of school kids and teachers watching the game also. There were very few people there other than kids and teachers. You will also notice that the green and red seats are practically empty! Afternoon games are not too popular I guess.
Russell has been taking a Tae Kwon Do class and is doing very well. His instructor asked him to participate in the "Healthy Kids Day" at the YMCA this Saturday and show some "moves" to the community. Russell is pretty excited to participate and break some boards (Yes...break boards! My scrawny little Russell will break boards!) for all to see.
Max has finally learned to love his veggies. In the last week he realized that broccoli, asparagus, and beets (he has no problem with all other veggies) taste great. Beets are served A LOT in this household (mmmmm!! Delish!!) so it's a relief that Maxwell can do this with a smile now, instead of a frown...
4 comments:
take a video of russell breaking some boards for me! i am sooo jealous!!
Whoa--I have plenty of boards to bust up! We've also got a good supply of beets in the freezer! Yum.
Wow! Can't 'beet' that smile, Max!
Even I don't like beets and broccoli.
Way to go, Liss!
Post a Comment