Friday, February 5, 2010

I had accepted the fact that my sister was going to have a baby very soon and I would not be able to see her, or the new baby, for several months. With hopes of a move coming, we have been saving every penny possible and tightening up our belts in all areas of life/spending (as if we could do this more?!). So, needless to say, buying 3 plane tickets was out of the question (I say 3 because RC has too much going on to make a trip, so it would be just me and the boys.) The thought of this made me sad and angry since I so badly wanted to see the baby and help out my sister in the first part of being a mother of 2. I was bummed to say the least.

But not anymore!

Just a few days ago I got a call from my other sister with news that she could score 3 plane tickets to anywhere in the U.S., but they had to be booked the next day. How could this be? Free tickets? THREE free tickets?

Well, it's true. It just so happens that my sister has a friend, who has a father in law, who works and racks up points to be redeemed for airfare. The father-in-law was not going to use the tickets he has acquired so he offered them to my sister's friend (his daughter-in-law). My sister's friend was not going to use them so she offered them to my sister. My sister thought about coming here with my mom and dad, but then had the wonderful idea to offer the tickets to me so that I could come and see the new baby. I called my sister's friend to get all the details and give her our info and she booked the flight and had our flight info for me within hours of me hearing of this deal. What a great chain of events! I am so thankful for people not being able to travel so that these tickets would funnel down to me, and so very thankful for kind people who would not just say "eh, forget about these tickets, I'm not going to use them, so no one is going to use them."

So, myself, Russell, and Max will be making a trip to chilly Wisconsin to see our new nephew/cousin (and family!) in the next few weeks. It will be a quick trip, but one we are so very thankful for.

And finally.....
 
 A cute little baby boy, Mitchell, was born February 2nd!!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations! Have a wonderful time with your family!!

Anonymous said...

Two answers to prayer. One a beautiful baby boy. Second Tickets that you can afford. God is good.

Chris said...

Yeah for you! So glad it all worked out so well! Only 2 weeks until you come! :)

Jen said...

That's amazing!!!! It's amazing how things work out sometimes, right?

The generosity of others is life changing, even in small doses.