Let's talk Santa hats for a minute.
Personally (yes, this is my personal opinion, you don't have to agree.) I think Santa hats are rediculous unless you have a red suit, beard, and jolly, bowl full of jelly, belly to go along with it.
I saw a woman walking down the street today with a Santa hat on and her hair styled around the hat. Obviously the hat was going to stay there all day long and not just to get a quick laugh as she walked into the office. What makes grown adults think that these hats are cute/funny/appropriate? Once they don that hat, in my book, they have just lost all chance of being taken seriously about anything. ANYTHING.
Never have I seen an adult walking around with a turkey tail fanned out for Thanksgiving, or dressed in a diaper carrying a bow and arrows getting in the Valentines spirit. Even pilgrims, who had very distinct hats, don't have a following like Santa. Leprechauns have hats too, but no one wears them. Why is the Santa hat so popular and accepted?
I try to not judge people on what they wear, I mean, really, 98% of the people walking the streets on any given day are more pulled together than myself, and yet, I have never had the urge to wear a Santa hat. My advice...if you find yourself standing at the mirror in the morning, thinking, "hmmm...what would make this outfit really pop?" and your answer is, "I need a Santa hat!" Maybe you should rethink the entire outfit.
Let's save the Santa hats for....SANTA...and little kids who get a Christmas picture taken. Just little kids! The entire family does not need to wear them.
I'll give you my opinion on those embarrasing (never should have been made) Dr. Seuss hats another day...:)
1 comment:
There's this guy that walks around town a lot - for the Thanksgiving season he had a hat that looked like a turkey carcass, like a roasting turkey, with white booties up in the air. Now, for Christmas, he has, not just a Santa hat, but a hat that is made to look like Santa's head, perched atop his own.
(I'll send you one for Christmas.)
(If I can find one.)
(They're probably all sold out by now.)
Post a Comment