Monday, November 23, 2009

It would be safe to say that if I was writing a "things I'm thankful for" list, at the top of the list would be my sisters. (Don't let this go to your head guys :) ) I talk with one or each of them everyday, sometimes multiple times a day. Sometimes as I am laying on the couch trying to stay awake as I wait for R.C. to come home from the studio, sometimes as I am making supper or trying to figure out what to make for supper. Sure, when we were growing up we had our moments when we would fight and pinch and refuse to let the other borrow clothing, but even during our younger years I was always thankful that they were my sisters. 


Today I asked the boys to make a list of things they are thankful for. I was going into this hoping that my boys would feel the same way toward each other as I felt toward my sisters. I knew they would write down their favorite toys, but I hoped to see "my brother" somewhere on the list. Russell did not let me down. The number one thing that Russell is thankful for is "Maxwell". This makes sense being that they play together everyday, share bunk beds, and bathe together. Maxwell looked at Russell's paper and saw his name. "That's my name!" he yelled in delight. This was nice. They were both happy. Max was happy that he made the top of Russell's list, and Russell was happy that Max thought it was so cool.


Oh, yeah. You are probably wondering what was on Max's list. 


Maps.


According to Max, maps are the number one thing that he is thankful for. What? How old is this kid? I knew he liked maps since this is his favorite thing to study in school, but I never would have thought that maps would beat Russell. Maybe it is because maps is easier to write than Russell, or maybe it was because Max likes to try and get a rise out of Russell. Whatever it was, they both had a great laugh and it was obvious that they were both thankful for each other.

No comments: