Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I cracked.

I'm not happy that I did this.

I realize that I am much weaker than I thought I was.

This morning R.C. put on some Christmas music. Not just any Christmas music. Bing Crosby. Bing Crosby is my all time favorite Christmas singer. He's pretty much the king of all Christmas music. White Christmas is a favorite Christmas movie, in which Bing stars along with other great actors/singers. Tied for first place with White Christmas is Home Alone, in which little Kevin McCallister stands at the mirror in a huge green towel singing White Christmas. Then there is the Little Drummer Boy duet sung with David Bowie. Let us also not forget about the White Christmas CD in which there are more great songs sung by Bing Crosby than I can mention here. Bing has a hand in each of these and is wonderful!

Hearing Bing sing White Christmas was just too much for me. I had always done so well with not listening to Christmas music until Thanksgiving night, but this morning I realized that I had fallen off the wagon. Bing had pushed me off. I thought listening to one song would be harmless but I realized I had a problem when I was searching for all my favorite Christmas music and trying to sing alone with Alvin and the Chipmunks. My voice sounds like a chipmunk since I lost it a few days ago, and it still is not back, but I was determined to squeak out all the words I could. It started with Bing singing about dreaming of a White Christmas and it just began to snowball from there.

Thanks Bing and R.c..

1 comment:

Chris said...

is that why you wanted to know who sang that song? I'm appalled.