I feel I need to prepare an acceptance speech. Do I thank the academy? Do I thank my friends and family? Do I thank all my fans? Who do I dedicate this award to?
What award, you ask?
Well, It has come to my attention that I win the "best mom ever" award. Whoa! What?! I know, I didn't see that one coming either! But, it seems to Russell that I am all that, and a bag of chips. For the last week he has been saying, "Mom, you are the best mom ever" followed with a very sweet hug.
Nice, huh? Well, it is, but (oh yes, there is a but) it's funny how this phrase has come out now that he sees more toys in stores, on T.V., and in magazines. You see, what I didn't mention before, is how the rest of the conversation goes between Russell and I. Let me fill you in:
Russell, "Mom, you're the best mom ever."
Me, "Awww, thanks Russell."
Russell, "You know, I've been thinking about my Christmas list...."
Do you see why I say it is nice, but....?
He is beginning the "buttering" process for Christmas. I refuse to talk with him about presents yet, but he's a smart guy and is working his charm until he gets the go ahead to discuss presents. Until that day I pretend I don't hear anything after I am told I am the best mom ever. He is obviously hoping that I remember all the hugs and kind words when I am walking the Lego aisle in Target.
I think the fact that I ignore him during this time means that I automatically get my award taken away. My reign as "best" was very short lived.
1 comment:
Are there no more catalogs to mark page after page of what you want? But, I'm sure the charm and reward are deserving!
Post a Comment