Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I FINALLY GOT ACCEPTED!!

It had been over a month since I sent in my "intent to home school" letter and I had not heard anything from the state of RI. I started teaching Russell 2 weeks ago and began to get nervous/anxious that they, for some reason, decided not to approve my lesson plans I turned in. Finally, today I received my approval and can checkout textbooks from the school district if necessary. I am so relieved! RI takes FOREVER to inform you of important information so I guess waiting a month is nothing, considering I waited an entire school year to finally be told that I didn't have to turn anything in for kindergarten. I was quite angry about this since I kept EVERY piece of work completed last year and VERY detailed notes about everything we did so I could turn it in at the end of the year. I guess I can chalk it up as practice for this year.

Here's to an amazing school year!

No comments: