Monday, July 27, 2009

Yesterday the boys wanted to go to R.C.'s studio to "do some work" so R.C. told them that we could go after supper. Then, as R.C. and I were talking he suggested that he take the boys down so I could have a few moments of quiet (very nice of him, but of course I decided to go with them...what can I say...I kind of like this group.). Maxwell was listening and said, "yeah, that's a good idea. We can go with dad and you can stay and jump on your bed." I asked if he thinks this is what I do when he is not around and he very seriously told me, "yes".

Fast forward to this morning. I awoke with a Bruce Springsteen song in my head. R.C. was kind enough to find it on the computer so we could listen to it and it could get even more embedded in my mind. As I voiced my aggravation with being able to think about nothing but this song, Maxwell had a perfect idea for how to stop singing this song. "You need to bonk your head. It will leave your head if you bonk it." He did, a little later, inform me that it would be best to bonk my head on a pillow and not on something hard. What a nice little boy.

And finally, this afternoon as I was making lunch we were trying to figure out what music we were going to listen to while we prepared our meal. Russell wanted to find something on youtube. Specifically he wanted to listen to the Dinosaur King theme song. I quickly put the kibosh on this since I have heard this song several times and quit frankly, it is annoying. So his second choice was the Pokemon theme song. Oh brother! He knew what I was going to say and he quickly started coming up with reasons as to why it is such a good song and why I would like it. His number one reason: "I think I've heard a trombone in it, and you love trombones." I love trombones?! I don't know when I would have made him think that I love the trombone, but obviously in the last six years I at some point made him believe this.


This is an old picture, and I have already posted others from this day, but they just make me laugh...when they talk and when I look at them!

1 comment:

bp said...

A pretty classy duo!