As we all know, kids say that darnedest things. Let me share with you just a few quotes that were said during the past week.
"Sometimes life goes wrong" -- Maxwell
"I smell fruit snacks. Wait, mom, I think it's you. You smell like fruit snacks, but don't worry I don't eat human fruit snacks." -- Russell
(looking up at a bird house mounted to a tree out back) "Is that a pencil sharpener?" -- little neighbor boy
Neighbor kid:"What are you grilling?"
Me: "chicken"
Neighbor kid: "what kind of chicken?"
R.C.: "grilled chicken" (duh)
Neighbor kid: "yeah, I know, but it smells like chicken."
HUH!!???
neighbor boys: " You grew up in Illinois?"
R.C.: "Yes"
Me: "I grew up in Wisconsin"
neighbor boys: " So you guys were in different states? Aren't Illinois and Wisconsin close to each other?"
R.C.: "Yes, they are close to one another."
neighbor boys: "So is that how you met? You were just driving down the road and saw each other and were like, hi, let's get married."
Other neighbor boy: "dating sounds easy".
5 comments:
Bahahaa! I ought to start one of these for all my students. My favorite one is this..a student was leaving the building at the same time as me and I asked him "Where do you live?" He said "I live inside your mind." And walked away.
He's my strangest student by far, but also a very good student.
Jenny, I like when the student said, "Jenny teacher, you're boring."
I however, did NOT like that one. And I have chosen to forget it, obviously, because I don't remember a student ever saying that to me.
I still find myself laughing and saying "I found a gwaka featho."
Oh! How about this! When I was in college (so Shane was not a kid, but late teens) Mom and Dad and I were talking about my sweater. We said it was mohair and Shane walked by and said "What's a mo!?"
And. he was serious.
Post a Comment