We are home.
The trip was a great success.
There are too many stories to tell/remember. (I know I will forget something and offend someone if I try to tell stories. So I will not even try. Just know we had a great time!)
We are so happy we got to see everyone that we did, and sorry if we missed seeing you this time around.
The boys loved their plane ride home. This was their first flying trip and they got complements on both flights from the people sitting around us. They were told that they were such well behaved boys that people didn't even know their were kids sitting there. GREAT JOB BOYS! The most eventful part of the trip was sprinting through the Chicago airport as we only had 20 min. to switch planes (I swear they dropped us off as far from the gate we needed to get to as possible! Ugh!!). I was impressed at how quick the boys were and how they didn't complain about the speed at which we had to move. They did stop dead in their tracks for just a split second when we came upon a HUGE brontosaurus skeleton. After correctly identifying and yelling out the name of it we were off and running again. The second we got to our gate, they announced it was running 20 minutes late (which ended up being much later than that!). All that rushing for nothing, but we now had time to rest and have a granola bar before boarding. Flying was a breeze with these 2. Even the turbulence we hit was enjoyable. The boys put their hands in the air and pretended they were on a roller coaster.
It's great to see R.C. again! After 2+ weeks away from him, the boys were more than happy to see dad. R.C. was kind enough to go to the grocery store the day before we arrived (he got home a day before us) and got the necessities so we could just go home and relax together.
The kids on the block are happy we (mainly R.C.) are back. As we took the boys out to ride scooters this evening one of the boys came over to "chat". Soon he yelled down the street to his friends that, "R.C. is home!!" and we were swarmed by a group of about 7 boys showing skateboard tricks they have been working on while other little kids came and rode scooters with the boys.
Let the summer noise (I mean fun) begin...
(pictures to come later)
No comments:
Post a Comment