Russell received a wonderful surprise in the mail this week (not that all the other mail he has received was not wonderful. Trust me, it is!). All his friends from his preschool class last year wrote him letters and drew him pictures. He remembered all of the kids and the little quirks that went along with each kid. He loved all the pictures and was so happy that they all remembered him. I do think the best part of this surprise was a letter he got from "Mrs. B". She was his preschool teacher and he thought the world of her. My sweet little Russell actually teared up when he read the letter from her. He has been working on a letter and pictures to send back to tell them all about his new home. How great! Pen pals!
Max was really excited to see the pictures too. Some of the kids remember seeing Max each day when I picked Russell up from school, so they asked about him as well. He was excited that one kid actually drew a picture of him.
4 comments:
Look at the genuinely pleased smile on his face. Fabulous. When I get around to sending your package. I hope it receives half as much enthusiasm!
<3
Mrs. B. called us about a week ago to get Russell's address. She told us what she was planning to do, and she asked us not to say anything to you. We are glad both Russell and Max liked the letters. Yes, you should definitely have Russell and Max write back. I am sure the kids here in Greenville will really like getting some letters and/or pictures from Rhode Island. Maybe you can get a picture of the boys in New York City this weekend.
I am WAY behind in leaving messages. I love the picture of the Ninjas. I am surprised that Melissa loves the ocean so much. (Where state did you grow up in, Melissa?) But what I really want to know is when are you going to hand the camera over to Russell and let him take pictures of YOU dancing. I loved watching both boys dance. Maybe next time it ought to be the two adults who are dancing like crazy.
RUSSELL!!! It's me, Mrs. B. I just got on your website thanks to your Grandpa Sayler. So great to see all your pictures and read all about your life out east. I am so glad that you liked all of the letters you received from your old pals at KRP. They had so much fun writing to you (as well as drawing pictures for you!) We will look forward to hearing back from you. I miss you, you will always be special to me! Love, Mrs. B.
Post a Comment