I don't have too many complaints about Providence. Providence is a fine city to live in. Not too big. Not too small. Easily walkable. Fairly friendly people. Great accents.
There is one thing that I just have to complain about though. Pot holes. The pot holes in this city are so big you could lose a child in one for days. Each time I get into my car I have to Mario Cart my way through the city trying to avoid having to buy a new set of tires. Sometimes it is impossible to miss them. If traffic is on both sides of you and there is no way to swerve, then you must brace for impact. It doesn't stop with pot holes though. Man holes are another issue. There are more man hole covers in the streets than asphalt and each man hole cover seems to be 6 inches below the asphalt.
There are some pot holes that have been repaired. I don't know who's great idea this was, but, when they repair a pot hole, they mound them up so high that you now have a speed bump...which makes the drop into the next un-repaired pot hole seem like you are falling into the Grand Canyon.
A man hole cover every 3 feet + each cover 6 inches below the asphalt + a pot hole the size of Kentucky every 15 feet + repaired pot holes turned into speed bumps + pedestrians that expect you to stop on a dime so they can cross when they aren't supposed to = a very angry/stressed driver who longs for country roads where you can drive slow and stop for the occasional deer or raccoon.
Needless to say, if driving with a nice cup of coffee, expect to wear 3/4 of the coffee on your coat.
I think somewhere in there my "one complaint" turned into 5.
(All measurements are an estimate. No, I have not been out to measure the distance between man hole covers and pot holes. Maybe in the Spring...)
3 comments:
Could you be more specific--I could'nt tell for sure your fellings about potholes.
You don't even have to stop for the deer or racoons!
Post a Comment