Sunday, January 25, 2009

Max is usually not the best person to play hide and seek with. If he is the counter he counts as fast as he can, while following you so he knows where you are hiding. If he is the hider, he gets in his spot, but as soon as he hears you stop counting he jumps out and gives himself away. Either way, a game of hide and seek does not take too long to play with Max.

However, today Max and I were home alone and he decided he was up for a game of hide and seek. I'm never one to turn down hide and seek so I asked if he wanted to count or hide first. Hide, of course! As I was counting I could hear him shuffling around in his bedroom and then, all of the sudden, silence. I yelled ready or not here I come, and started calling his name, which usually gets him to jump out at you and the game is done. I looked for a few minutes and could honestly not find him. I thought I had looked everywhere, but then as I passed through the bathroom for the 3rd time I noticed something....



I sat on the edge of the tub and waited to see how long he could be quiet and hide. He had to have known I was right outside his towel wall, but he stayed quiet and still for several minutes, I even had enough time to go get the camera so I could capture his face when he popped out...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great job Max! I'm sure he will excel at hide and seek from now on! That was a great hiding spot! Only Max could hide there though. I'd like to see you hiding under the hanging towels! Now that would be interesting!

Jen said...

That's amazing!!!

I love his little feet sticking out the bottom!!!

If you and Max were alone, that means Russell was off with his dad....

I'm sure it's nice to have a little alone time with your kids!

xoxox

Anonymous said...

I sure wish I could play hide and seek with this boy! I would have been really scared when I reached for a towel.

Anonymous said...

That is MAXimum cute!!!