R.C. is officially on Christmas break! His highlight of his break so far would have to be his daily nap. For the past 4 days R.C. has curled up on the couch, put his magic blanket over him, and dozed off for a few hours in the afternoon. The boys get a good laugh out of tucking daddy in with their blankets and checking on him every 10 minutes to make sure he is still snoring (you can hear this from every room so I don't know why they think they need to have their ear right on his face to hear this). If you have been to our home and witnessed the size (if you have not been here to witness the size, imagine 4 people and tons of "stuff" put into a shoebox. It's small, but we like it) you will understand that peace and quiet is hard to come by if everyone is not asleep. We try to keep quiet for him, but even the simple sound of putting spoons back into the drawer seems loud enough to raise the dead.
I have taken advantage of having R.C. around. I was able to make an outing with just Max while R.C. and Russell went downtown to a bookstore. I was also able to school Russell while Max went downtown to the bookstore with R.C.. It was really nice to focus just on Russell during this time, but we both agreed that Max adds a bit of humor to boring geography lessons. We were all able to walk to the library together yesterday (it was 60 degrees! In December!). When the boys and I go on our weekly visit to the library the walk is usually not too leisurely. I always have a huge bag of books (the boys clean out the library when they visit!) and 2 hands to hold, so it was a treat to only hold one hand...and a bag of books. The boys are thrilled to have dad here for meals. Each morning I wake up with the boys and allow R.C. to sleep in. Nice huh!? The boys greet me with a "we want _____ for breakfast." As soon as R.C. opens the bedroom door and steps out the boys run to him a shower him with hugs and kisses. Who is a bit jealous? (Not really. It's too cute and nice to get jealous of) I have also been able to cook without the boys under my feet and now I am even able to blog before 8:00 pm.
One semester down...3 more to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment