I have had many questions as to what we are doing in "school" now. Here's a little update:
The boys and I have been keeping busy learning about Christopher Columbus. Russell is on his way to being an expert already. Lets just hope he doesn't forget all the information by Monday.
A few facts he can tell you about Columbus:
- He set sail in 1492
- King Ferdinand is from Spain and gave him ships and supplies
- The ships were named the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria
- Looking for Asia to get silk and spices
- Found North America instead
- Named the Native Americans that greeted him Indians because he thought he was in the Indies.
They also have chores to do each day. Russell "makes" his bed and they both help set the table. Russell even helped me take out the trash today!
We do art 3 times a week. Crayons and pencils are always out during the day for drawing, but during art time we can get out paints, clay, scissors, glue, glitter, anything really. It's usually a mess, but they LOVE art (Hmmm...I wonder where they get that from?). They also love when there is an art opening at RISD. R.C. lets us know when they will be, and we meet him downtown for an evening of art. I could be wrong, but I think the boys are mainly after the snacks provided.
We have also started doing yoga together. Now this is really funny to watch! Russell has always been interested in what I am doing when I do my exercises, so I thought he would enjoy joining me. Russell loves it and one day he even said, "I need a haircut! My hair gets in my eyes when I do my yoga." What!? But so far, no haircut for him. He is doing a great job, and it might just be my imagination, but after he is done he is much calmer for the rest of the afternoon. It's great really! Maxwell has tried to join in a few times but would rather sit on the couch with a book and glance at Russell once in awhile.
We keep busy.
3 comments:
It's awesome that you get to create your own little world. You can do whatever you want, there's no school, work, or meetings to go to. There's hardly even a spouse to interfere! It's really a great opportunity that you can share with the boys. I'm jealous.
oh! You can tell the boys that I'm over in Korea doing yoga too!!!
You could get Russell a headband!
Max is going to be a genius soaking up Russell's schooling and getting some of his own on the side.
Everyone goes to art show openings for the food and drinks. I know this, because I've been to a few.
Art Opening = Free food
Post a Comment