This could be a very lengthy post, but I will keep it short and sweet.
Today in Target Russell pointed out that there were Christmas items out to be purchased already. I looked and sure enough, tucked behind the Halloween candy and costumes, were Christmas trees and ornaments waiting to take over the aisles. I quickly turned our cart and tried to get away from the glitter of the ornaments when I ran right into (literally, I was so worked up over seeing Christmas things I ran into the end cap) an aisle FILLED with Christmas cards. The Halloween costumes and candy will soon be pushed aside and maybe, if we are lucky, we will catch a quick glimpse of a turkey table cloth, but don't hold your breath. Glitter and lights will soon take over.
I am a firm believer in celebrating the season you are in and not jumping holidays. I HATE how Thanksgiving (one of my favorite holidays) gets lost and people forget to be thankful. I don't discuss Christmas ideas/plans willingly before the last Thursday of November. Everyone always makes the comment, "Oh, boy, Christmas comes earlier each year." It doesn't have to. If you boycott the Christmas aisle until it's due time maybe other holidays would stand a chance. We could turn into a country of perpetual Christmas if we aren't careful. Let's enjoy the beauty of autumn, the smell of hot cider and pumpkins, yummy apples and the color orange. Red and Green, glitter and lights, and ho ho ho will come soon enough.
Disclaimer:
I don't want anyone to think that I believe glitter and lights are what Christmas is about. I think the true meaning of Christmas should be thought about year round. I am purely talking about commercialized Christmas.
side note-- our computer is going downhill quickly. If you come here purely looking for pictures of cute little boys, you will not find any. We are no longer able to upload pictures. We are trying to fix the computer, but it seems to be a bleak future for our beloved Apple. I am holding on to the hope that R.C. can fix it in the next few days. He can fix anything. Right?!!
1 comment:
AMEN SISTER! Farm and Fleet had their entire middle store area tarped off for Toy Land set-up. I even heard Christmas music playing discreetly behind the tarps. What the hell?
Yes, I believe that RC can fix anything. even computers. I also heard on NPR today that the driving beat of the disco hit "stayin' alive" has exactly the right cadence for CPR Chest compressions. RC might want to try that on your computer. Maybe if you just play a Bee Gees CD it will be as good as new?
Post a Comment