Today was the start of school for Russell. He was so excited to get things started! For the past few days I had been getting things prepared. It could not have come soon enough for Russell. He would ask daily if it was the day school was starting. I would kindly tell him, "no, not today", but he kept asking (over and over and over again!!). I am happy he is so excited. Maxwell also became interested in school after hearing Russell talk about it so much (and after a trip to Staples where we picked up new crayons and stickers for school time use only).

First day of school picture. Max really is smiling in the picture. He has a new smile where he thinks he needs to squint his eyes and show his teeth. He looks quite scary, but if you could hear him, he was giggling.
We started the day out with a recap of name writing. He has had this down for quite sometime, but he is figuring out how to keep it on a line and use lower case letters. This happiness you see on his face is real. He kept the same attitude all day long and even wondered why we had to stop when the "school day" was over. I believe he would be happy doing worksheets and reading all day long! Please let this attitude remain until he is through college!
We started the day out with a recap of name writing. He has had this down for quite sometime, but he is figuring out how to keep it on a line and use lower case letters. This happiness you see on his face is real. He kept the same attitude all day long and even wondered why we had to stop when the "school day" was over. I believe he would be happy doing worksheets and reading all day long! Please let this attitude remain until he is through college!You may be wondering where Max was during this time. He was right with us working on drawing nice circles and straight lines, listening to stories and painting along side Russell. He was very happy to join the activities and learn some new things also.
It has only been one day and I am already so happy that we chose to home school. This is such a fun way to spend my day and I love being the one to teach my kids new things. The boys are both so excited to learn they make it fun and easy!
1 comment:
Wow! Max cracks me up! ha!
So glad they're both so excited about school! That's great!
I'm gonna try to make a video for them soon- just to say HI!
Post a Comment